Be Your Customer
Be Your Customer
HOW: Ask the client to describe, outline, or enact their typical customer’s experience.
WHY: This is a helpful way to reveal the client’s perceptions of their customer and provide an informative contrast to actual customer experiences.
The above is an example of the information you can get from IDEO’s Method Cards, which provide creative ideas and solutions for practicing and aspiring designers. The cards are divided into categories representing how the firm involves their own clients, including Learn, Look, Ask, and Try. The cards can help in project planning, can serve as reminders, and can be used to challenge colleagues to seek new insights. For more information, visit www.ideo.com.
As contractors move upstream, they will take the first steps toward an integrated enterprise, which may result in their appropriation of the creative design function. Read full »
Applying lessons and principles from an architecture education in a public health context. Read full »
What professional practices will the next generation of professionals create? Read full »
The 2014 class was selected by DI staff with input from thousands of design professionals, academic department heads, and students. Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- Julia Morgan Awarded 2014 AIA Gold Medal | ArchDaily ow.ly/rIknL15 hours ago by @dinet
- “New Radical Pragmatism”: The 21st Century’s Emerging Style? | ArchDaily ow.ly/rHDPp21 hours ago by @dinet
- Core77's 2013 Ultimate Gift Guide: Worldly Possessions Worth Gifting - Core77 ow.ly/rHvQ422 hours ago by @dinet
- 27 of the Most Eye-Popping Cargo Aircraft Ever Built ow.ly/rFYP923 hours ago by @dinet
- What Industrial Design Renderers Know that the General Public Doesn't - Core77 ow.ly/rFY9T2 days ago by @dinet