Getting the strategic plan right is hard to do, but implementing it is even harder. And everyone’s job depends on it.
This article is for subscribers only.
Please NoteExisting members: if you have not logged in since August 21, 2012 please reset your password before logging in as we have transitioned to a new system that requires a new password.
If you are already a Design Futures Council member or DesignIntelligence yearly subscriber, and don't have an account, please contact us and we will set it up for you.
A promising prototype for architectural education Read full »
How Gensler maintains quality, culture while expanding globally Read full »
The client perspective on design and what makes firms successful Read full »
Strategic Implementation: A Sampling of Results
• A full 85 percent of projects are profitable at 12 percent or higher.
• Faster service delivery has been delivered on 96 percent of projects.
• Global client base has grown by 17 percent.
• The fourth consecutive year of contract growth at 8 percent or higher.
• 67 percent of total projects are now full-service delivery in scope.
• Have been recognized for four regional design awards and with letters from satisfied clients on 100 percent of our work.
• Forged new strategic partnership with Asian construction entity.
• Created “smartchange” as a custom building information modeling solution in health care.
• Increased the number of staff by 8 percent and the revenues by 21 percent, translating into productivity breakthrough without burning out staff.
• Moved from a commodity service strategy to a knowledge-based, fee-based strategy.
• Achieved record profits in K-12 education category.
• Completed new book on higher education design solutions with distribution to 2,300.
• Racked up a 33 percent market share increase in industrial sector.
• Made strategic investments in Canada, Brazil, and Mexico.
• Established new liquidity levels and debt free status for first time in six years.
• Introduced new consulting services in Europe through a reciprocal strategic alliance.
• First firm in our state authorized to do advanced biocontainment facility design.
• Record three articles in the Wall Street Journal focused on our process innovation in real estate.
• Reduced staff turnover to 11 percent for two years in a row, meeting goal of 8 percent to 12 percent.
• Expanded by two locations to better serve clients in entertainment design.
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- The Power Of The Plan: Drones And Architectural Photography | ArchDaily ow.ly/I6GLY1 day ago by @dinet
- Fantastical UI Design from Sci-Fi Movies - Core77 ow.ly/I2NYt2 days ago by @dinet
- The Critics Speak: 6 Reasons why Hadid Shouldn’t Have Sued the New York Review of Books | ArchDaily ow.ly/I2MLO2 days ago by @dinet