Getting the strategic plan right is hard to do, but implementing it is even harder. And everyone’s job depends on it.
This article is for subscribers only.
Please NoteExisting members: if you have not logged in since August 21, 2012 please reset your password before logging in as we have transitioned to a new system that requires a new password.
If you are already a Design Futures Council member or DesignIntelligence yearly subscriber, and don't have an account, please contact us and we will set it up for you.
How Gensler maintains quality, culture while expanding globally Read full »
The client perspective on design and what makes firms successful Read full »
Weighing the risks and rewards of expanding into new markets Read full »
Strategic Implementation: A Sampling of Results
• A full 85 percent of projects are profitable at 12 percent or higher.
• Faster service delivery has been delivered on 96 percent of projects.
• Global client base has grown by 17 percent.
• The fourth consecutive year of contract growth at 8 percent or higher.
• 67 percent of total projects are now full-service delivery in scope.
• Have been recognized for four regional design awards and with letters from satisfied clients on 100 percent of our work.
• Forged new strategic partnership with Asian construction entity.
• Created “smartchange” as a custom building information modeling solution in health care.
• Increased the number of staff by 8 percent and the revenues by 21 percent, translating into productivity breakthrough without burning out staff.
• Moved from a commodity service strategy to a knowledge-based, fee-based strategy.
• Achieved record profits in K-12 education category.
• Completed new book on higher education design solutions with distribution to 2,300.
• Racked up a 33 percent market share increase in industrial sector.
• Made strategic investments in Canada, Brazil, and Mexico.
• Established new liquidity levels and debt free status for first time in six years.
• Introduced new consulting services in Europe through a reciprocal strategic alliance.
• First firm in our state authorized to do advanced biocontainment facility design.
• Record three articles in the Wall Street Journal focused on our process innovation in real estate.
• Reduced staff turnover to 11 percent for two years in a row, meeting goal of 8 percent to 12 percent.
• Expanded by two locations to better serve clients in entertainment design.
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- World’s Tallest Twin Towers Planned for Dubai | ArchDaily ow.ly/DAtF0
- Google’s BIM-busting App for Design and Construction | BIM + Integrated Design ow.ly/DAgry
- Michael Graves School of Architecture to Open in 2015 | ArchDaily ow.ly/DAeUn