This article is for subscribers only.
Please NoteExisting members: if you have not logged in since August 21, 2012 please reset your password before logging in as we have transitioned to a new system that requires a new password.
If you are already a Design Futures Council member or DesignIntelligence yearly subscriber, and don't have an account, please contact us and we will set it up for you.
What professional practices will the next generation of professionals create? Read full »
The 2014 class was selected by DI staff with input from thousands of design professionals, academic department heads, and students. Read full »
2,760 students, 89 deans and chairs, & 693 professional offices and corporations voice an opinion Read full »
Sound advice for parents of high school students interested in pursuing an education in architecture, one of the many fields of design, or any of the visual arts Read full »
The following criteria were used to score world-class programs:
Category 1: Results of the 2009 DesignIntelligence rankings by professional practices.
Category 2: Results of the 10 years of DesignIntelligence rankings by professional practices, with more weight given to more recent years.
Category 3: Results ofDesignIntelligence deans surveys from 2007, 2008, and 2009, which solicits opinions about respected programs as well as outstanding educators and education leaders.
Category 4: Greenway Group independent analysis and opinion of overall campus environment for learning, technology resources, opportunities for integrated learning, and joint degree programs. Also incorporates student evaluations.
Category 5: DesignIntelligence considers National Architectural Accrediting Board accreditation to be a minimum standard for world-class status. NAAB analysis provides for a single standard for both undergraduate and graduate programs, so a standard score was used for each program.
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- 5 ex-Googlers who live, work and breathe for LA startups: Allen Romero, Hang Local | Built In Los Angeles ow.ly/rwqZP7 hours ago by @dinet
- Amazing! Mind-Boggling Spherical Gear Made from 3D-Printed Moving Parts ow.ly/rwpPI9 hours ago by @dinet
- New York City in 2050 (Twenty-Seven Predictions) | ArchDaily ow.ly/rw92K11 hours ago by @dinet
- Android's Next Project - Real Androids: Google Snaps Up Robotics Companies for New "Moonshot" Project : Latino Post ow.ly/rw3JY13 hours ago by @dinet
- Leadership Summit on Design Innovation & Technology - DesignIntelligence ow.ly/ruMx81 day ago by @dinet