The Design Futures Council seeks nominations for its annual class of Emerging Leaders. Winning nominees will receive scholarships to attend the Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design in Chicago this fall.
The Design Futures Council seeks nominations from DFC members for its annual class of Emerging Leaders. Winning nominees will receive registration scholarships to attend the 8th Annual Leadership Summit on Sustainable Design in Chicago, Sept. 30 – Oct. 2. The DFC seeks to identify and recognize emerging leaders who are having – and will increasingly have – a profound impact on design practices, the profession, and the community.
Successful candidates will represent the future of practice in terms of its broadening scope, service to society, sustainable design, technological innovation, or other areas deemed relevant by the nominator.
- Nominees must be within their first 10 years of professional practice.
- They may come from any area of the design professions.
- They must be playing a role in designing a more sustainable future.
- The nominator must be a member of the Design Futures Council.
Six candidates will be chosen by a distinguished jury of past Summit delegates to receive a full scholarship, which includes registration and participation in all Summit events. Chosen candidates or their employers will be expected to furnish travel and accommodation expenses to and from the Summit. Some travel assistance may be provided on a case-by-case basis. Distinguished jurors include Rives Taylor, Kimberly Dowdell, and Ray Manning.
To nominate a candidate, download and complete the nomination form by June 10. Nominees and nominators will be notified in July.
Sponsors are being sought to underwrite this unique scholarship program. For more information, see the nomination form or call (678) 879-0929.
Atlatnta, Georgia – September 26, 2014 – James P. Cramer, CEO and founder of the Greenway Group, announced promotion of Lisa Henry as the firm’s new chief executive officer. Read full »
DuPont Building Innovations Sponsors Program’s Scholarships Read full »
We are delighted to announce the new Senior Fellows of the Design Futures CouncilThe Design Futures Council Fellowship is granted annually to outstanding individuals who have provided noteworthy... Read full »
The Design Futures Council names six professionals as its Emerging Leaders for 2013. Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- 32 “Discarded” Guggenheim Proposals You Should Know About | ArchDaily ow.ly/GaFE217 hours ago by @dinet
- ArchDaily’s 22 Most Popular Pinterest Pins | ArchDaily ow.ly/G8y8E20 hours ago by @dinet
- Mastering the Art of Secret Negotiations - NYTimes.com ow.ly/G8wdZ23 hours ago by @dinet