Nineteen individuals are being honored as 2008 Design Futures Council Fellows.
Selections for the 2008 class of Design Futures Council Fellows have been announced by DFC co-chairman James P. Cramer. Nineteen individuals were chosen to receive the honor in recognition of their "significant contributions toward the understanding of changing trends, new research, and applied knowledge leading to innovative design models that improve the built environment and the human condition," according to the citation.
- David Adjaye, Principal, Adjaye Associates, London
- Penny Bonda, Eco Editor, Interior Design magazine, New York
- Betsy del Monte, Principal, The Beck Group, Dallas
- Jan Gehl, Principal, Gehl Architects, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Robert Greenstreet, Dean, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Gerry Hammond, President and CEO, SHP Leading Design, Cincinnati
- Barbara Heller, CEO, Design + Construction Strategies, Washington, D.C.
- Mary Margaret Jones, President, Hargreaves Associates, San Francisco
- Blair Kamin, Architecture Critic, Chicago Tribune, Chicago
- Don Kasian, President and CEO, Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning Ltd., Vancouver, Canada
- Laura Lee, Professor, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Penn.
- John Maeda, President, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, R.I.
- Thom Mayne, Principal, Morphosis, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Adrian Smith, Principal, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architects, Chicago
- David Suzuki, Co-founder, David Suzuki Foundation, Vancouver, Canada
- Marilyn Taylor, Dean, School of Design, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Lene Tranberg, Principal, Lundgaard & Tranberg Arkitekter, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Alice Waters, Founder, Chez Panisse Foundation, Berkeley, Calif.
- Allison Williams, Principal, Perkins + Will, San Francisco
The Design Futures Council names six professionals as its Emerging Leaders for 2013. Read full »
High Performance Energy Practices in Urban Environments Read full »
Design Futures Council Announces Changes to the Nantucket Principles with a new Commitment: The Portland Promise Read full »
DI.net RSS Feeds
DI.net on Twitter
- 25 Free Architecture Books You Can Read Online | ArchDaily ow.ly/AC6es2 hours ago by @dinet
- Yesterday’s Future, Today: What’s it Like to Work as an Architect in North Korea? | ArchDaily ow.ly/ACyyp4 hours ago by @dinet
- Zaha Hadid to Receive Honoray Degree from Goldsmiths College | ArchDaily ow.ly/AC3NE5 hours ago by @dinet